little things i am taking pleasure in right now....
that bread. slathered in almond butter. yum. scroll down for the recipe. (for a super quick yeast bread recipe, check out cuban bread.)
this $1 yard sale sweater. banana republic, lambs wool. soft enough to not trigger my eczema.
new shoes. i've been looking all over for the perfect clogs to replace my very worn pair. i love these classic cape clogs!
that huge bucket of yard sale wood blocks (mixed in with the ones we made for finnian). just the kind of mess i don't mind, which is good, since the kids play with these a lot.
more new (to me, at least) shoes. and the little feet that wanted to be in the photo, too.
whole grain wheat bread
i believe this is from the kitchen aid mixer cook book
1/3 C plus 1 T brown sugar
2 C warm water (105- 115 F)
2 packages active dry yeast (3 t)
5-6 C whole wheat flour
3/4 C powdered milk
2 t salt
1/3 C oil
- dissolve 1T brown sugar in warm water. stir in yeast and let stand until yeast bubbles.
- place 4 C flour, powdered milk, 1/3 C brown sugar, and salt in mixer bowl. attach dough hook and mix on speed 2. gradually add yeast mixture and oil to flour mixture and mix about 1.5 minutes longer. stop and scrape the bowl, if necessary.
- continuing on speed 2, add remaining flour, 1/2 C at a time, and mix about 2 minutes, or until dough clings to hook and cleans sides of bowl. knead on speed 2 about 2 minutes longer. note: dough may not form a ball on hook. however, as long as the hook comes in contact with the dough, kneading will be accomplished. don't add more than the maximum amount of flour specified or the loaf will be dry.
- place dough in a greased bowl, turning to grease top. cover. let rise in a warm place, free from draft, about one hour, or until doubled.
- punch down and divide in half. shape each loaf by rolling flat into a rectangle of 9x14 inches, then rolling into a loaf and pinching closed.
- place in greased loaf pans. cover and let rise in a warm place, free from draft, about one hour, or until doubled in bulk.
- bake at 400F for 15 min. reduce oven temp to 350F and bake 30 minutes longer.
- remove loaves from pans immediately, and place on racks to cool.
- per serving, 112 calories, 4g protein, 19g carb, 3g fat, 2mg cholesterol, 146mg sodium