so here are 5 additional earthy things our little family is committed to doing:
- switch to homemade or store bought phosphate free dishwasher detergent. (already have for laundry)
- do The Compact to the fullest extent we can manage, which means considering every single purchase. (won't manage all used items, because that isn't the most environmental option every time. for example, if a small new part is required to fix something rather than replacing the whole thing, we will buy the small new part.)
- continue to renew our TerraPasses and seriously consider our next car purchase if M continues the commute he has. (and no, at the moment, i don't want to go into a whole post about M getting a job closer to home or our moving closer to work. and unfortunately, telecommuting regularly isn't an option.)
- try to be more economical with our water usage
- work on "greening" our home. next step, blown-in insulation.